1. The Promoter of this competition is Dunlop International Europe Limited of Thorncroft Manor, Thorncroft Drive, Leatherhead, England, KT22 8JB (‘Dunlop’ or the ‘Promoter’).
2. By entering the competition, each participant (‘Participant’) agrees:
a. to be bound by these terms and conditions;
b. to be bound by the privacy notice; and
c. confirms that they are eligible to enter the competition and that they are eligible to claim any prize they may win.
3. Only entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions will be accepted.
4. Please see www.dunlopsports.com for a copy of these competition terms and conditions and the privacy notice.
5. Dunlop shall issue a post relating to this competition ‘Post’ from 8th December 2018 on its social media platform: Facebook (‘Platform’) accessible as follows:
a. Dunlop’s Facebook page (accessible here https://www.facebook.com/DunlopTennisOfficial/ );
6. The competition is open to residents of Australia who are a registered user with an active account on any Platform, except:
i. employees of Dunlop or its holding or subsidiary companies;
ii. employees of Designworks Clothing Company Pty Ltd ABN 35 117 343 807 or its holding or subsidiary companies;
iii. employees of agents or suppliers of Dunlop or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration;
iv. anyone involved in and/or connected to the organisation and running of the Australian Open and/or administration of this competition in any way; and
v. the immediate family members of any of the persons set forth in (i), (ii) or (iv) above (and for these purposes ‘immediate family members’ shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses),
each Participant to satisfy themselves as to whether the conditions to entry are met.
7. If you are under the age of 18 at the date of entry, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. The Promoter may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
8. The Promoter may require a Participant to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the competition, including if they are under the age of 18, a copy of their parental or guardian written consent (to the
How to enter
9. The competition is free to enter and no purchase or payment is necessary.
10. The opening date for entries is 8th December 2018. The closing date for entries is 23.59 on 1st January
2019. Entries shared, submitted or received after this time will not be counted, valid, accepted nor
11. To enter, participants must ‘like’ the DunlopTennisOfficial Facebook page and tell us in the comments section of the Post, who they
believe will play in the Women’s Final of the Australian Open and why.
12. Participants are free to enter as many times as they like provided that entries on behalf of another
person will not be accepted. Joint submissions are also not allowed.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are not successfully completed, delayed, lost,
altered or misdirected due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or
software, satellite, network or server failure of any kind or any other reason.
14. Judging will take place at the Promoter’s business premises.
15. This competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in the results of this competition. Entries
will be judged on creativity of the answer given which will be determined at the Promoter’s sole
16. The winner will receive a pair of VIP tickets for the Women’s Final of the Australian Open (including food
and beverage package to the value of AUD$1,718.00, to take place at the Australian Open, Melbourne
Park, Melbourne on 26th January 2019 ‘[Final]’. Approximate start time for the Final is at 7.30pm local
17. The winner shall be fully responsible for all other costs and expenses they incur or commit to in relation
to their attendance at the Final (including all travel, accommodation, insurance and visa requirements)
and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with such prize (including any and all
applicable federal, state and/or local taxes).
18. The winner’s prize will be available for collection at the box office at Melbourne Park on the day of the
19. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if
circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
21. The prize awarded to the winner shall not be used or dealt with in any way that is incompatible with any
with applicable laws, statutes and regulations relating to bribery and corruption, and the winner hereby
acknowledges and agrees that no prize issued pursuant to these terms and conditions may be sold or
offered for sale or other form of reward or incentive to any third party.
22. The winner will be notified by Dunlop making an announcement on the Platform before 23:59 on 2
23. Following such announcement, the winner must confirm to the Promoter (by directly messaging them on
the same Platform) within 2 days of the announcement whether they are willing and able to attend the
Final. If the winner does not respond to the Promoter or confirms to the Promoter that they are unwilling
or unable to attend the Final within such time period (or confirms to the Promoter at any other time that
they are unwilling or unable to attend the Final), then their prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will
be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above and this paragraph
22 will apply accordingly until another winner is selected.
24. Dunlop does not accept any responsibility if a Participant is not able to take up the prize.
25. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into about it.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to this competition, or refuse to award the prize to
anyone in breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify a
Participant if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of this competition.
Use of Platforms
27. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,
28. Each Participant releases Facebook Inc. from any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered
(including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or
sustained in connection with any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
29. Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Facebook Terms of Service, found
30. By entering competition and accepting these terms and conditions, Participants acknowledge that:
a. the Promoter may publish Participant’s details on the Platforms, company blog and/or company
websites. Published Participant’s details will be limited to first name, residing suburb or town
and answer to competition question; and
b. the Promoter will use Participant’s personal information for promotional purposes relating to
this competition and for general advertising and promotional services (including adding
Participants to the Promoter’s databases and/or mailing lists); and
c. each Participant assigns all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their
entry to the Promoter from the time of entry. Participants consent to any use of their entry
which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
31. Further information about the Promotors’ collection and use of Participants’ information can be found in
the Promoter’s privacy policies which are available at https://dunlopsports.com/privacy/
32. By entering this competition each Participant agrees he or she shall not at any time make any defamatory,
disparaging, derogatory or negative comments or statements in any form about Dunlop and/or the
Australian Open or any associated person thereto (including employees, sponsors and officials) or act in any
way that may bring any such person into disrepute or harm its name or reputation in any way. If Dunlop
notifies a Participant that in its reasonable opinion he or she has made any such comment or statement, the
Participant agrees to withdraw, delete and/or remove such statement (to the extent possible and reasonable
in the circumstances, including the process for withdrawing, deleting or removing such statement on the
platform/in the medium it was made).
33. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend (temporarily or permanently)
the competition with or without prior notice where it becomes necessary to do so.
34. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be
responsible or liable to compensate the winner(or any other participant in the competition (including any
guest of the winner) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a
result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or
distributors or that of their employees. A Participant’s statutory rights are not affected.
35. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these
terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the
remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
36. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations relating to this
competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances
shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute,
war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any
other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
37. The competition will be governed by the law of the State of Victoria and Participants to the competition
submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Victorian courts.
38. Participants can contact the Promoter in relation to this competition by direct message on the Platform.
39. All Australian Open tickets are issued subject to the Australian Open Ticket Conditions of Sale and Entry
2019 (which can be found online at www.tennis.com.au/doc/ao-ticket-conditions-of-sale-and-entry).
40. All Australian Open hospitality products, including dining and/or private space elements, are provided
subject to the Australian Open Hospitality Conditions 2019 (which can be found online at
Now you're a part of the Dunlop community, we'll keep you in the know with our latest news and offers.